[lug] NTP with a GPS

Simos blug at chinesetearoom.com
Mon Apr 25 13:09:56 MDT 2011

On Monday 25 April 2011 12:45:08 pm Gary Hodges wrote:
> [snip]
> Is anyone here able to verify or refute my assumption about using two
> time servers?  Accuracy to within one second is more than sufficient for
> my needs.

Gary,

In every NTP client configuration I have set up, I have used multiple NTP
servers and I have always used the "prefer" directive in ntp.conf for the
one that I consider the "best" (most accurate, most reliable, etc.) leaving
the other servers for backup in case the preferred server is not available.

See here for more:

http://doc.ntp.org/3-5.93e/prefer.html

Regards,

Simos