[lug] Help is much appreciated

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat Apr 30 15:45:20 MDT 2011

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 20:27:25 -0600
Sarah Tempest <sctempe13 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guys,

Hello.

...snip...

> I was doing a pretty big
> update when the connection dropped, but only the two Linux machines
> lost connection. I think it might be SE Linux, I'm pretty sure I've
> encountered that before... But I'd rather not disable it. Is there
> any workaround to stop the interference if it is SE Linux? Right now
> the laptop that is falling apart is testing Permissive mode with SE
> Linux, to see if it will still lose the connection randomly and if it
> will have the same problems reconnecting. Any pointers would be
> awesome.

It doesn't sound like an selinux issue, but I suppose it could be.

Does:

ausearch -m avc

show any denials that look related?

Have you applied all updates?

(Note that the f12 machine is end of life and no longer gets any
updates at all, you should upgrade it to a supported release).

Also, /var/log/messages may well have some things from NetworkManager
that could give hints as to where it's going wrong.

kevin