[lug] setting up hardware (or software) raid on dells

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Sun May 1 18:48:35 MDT 2011

Okay, I got the alternative install image and built a system thusly:

/dev/sd(a,b)1: ext3 over RAID
/dev/sd(a,b)3: LVM over encryption over RAID

It installs cleanly but when I try to boot the system it craps out since it
can't find the root partition. I'm never asked for the encryption password.

Ideas?  I've googled some and gotten some advice on what to do at the
initramfs prompt but so far no luck.