[lug] Bicycle Computers

Rob Nagler nagler at bivio.biz
Fri May 6 06:33:55 MDT 2011

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 7:51 PM, Brennen Bearnes wrote:
> I've had good intentions for a while now of building an Arduino-based bike
> computer. I've got all the components, pretty much - solar panel, battery
> charger, battery, weather-proof case, pile of LEDs - but so far haven't
> mustered the ambition to do more than rig up the case to attach to the rack.

Sorry, but this is just too funny.  Reminds me of
http://webaugur.com/bibliotheca/field_stock/os-airlines.html

Linux Airlines
Disgruntled employees of all the other OS airlines decide to start
their own airline. They build the planes, ticket counters, and pave
the runways themselves. They charge a small fee to cover the cost of
printing the ticket, but you can also download and print the ticket
yourself. When you board the plane, you are given a seat, four bolts,
a wrench and a copy of the seat-HOWTO.html. Once settled, the fully
adjustable seat is very comfortable, the plane leaves and arrives on
time without a single problem, the in-flight meal is wonderful. You
try to tell customers of the other airlines about the great trip, but
all they can say is, "You had to do what with the seat?"

:)

Rob