[lug] Creating a cute graphic on webpage

Steve Sullivan sullivan at mathcom.com
Tue May 10 17:58:25 MDT 2011

If you're willing to have an abstract representation
instead of a tank-like image ...

Many plotting packages, like R (cran.r-project.org) offer a
variety of ways to plot multidimensional data.
A google for chernoff faces, star glyphs, and sun ray plots
will give you some possibilities.

In fact R does have the ability to plot rectangles with varying
fill levels, but probably not rounded corners.

Steve

Steve Sullivan      sullivan at mathcom.com
303-494-7144        http://www.mathcom.com