[lug] Creating a cute graphic on webpage

Glenn Murray glenn.murray at gmail.com
Tue May 10 19:16:17 MDT 2011

If you generate the page with the CSS, you could do it with just CSS,
filling out a rectangular div according to how full the tank is.  The CSS
would set the color gradient as well.  No images, no JavaScript.

For a fancier graphic you could use a colored graphic just for the
elliptical bottom and top; the distance between them set and filled in CSS,
though the gradient is more of a problem.  Rounded corners are a CSS3
feature not implemented in IE < 9.

Cheers,
Glenn