[lug] Long range wireless bridging

Jason Schaefer js at jasonschaefer.com
Mon May 23 10:59:49 MDT 2011

> Advice on high end routers sought.  I've been told Teletronics is a good
> name.  Horror stories welcome as well.

Vyatta is great. gnu/linux based makes it really flexible. With all
the tools of a regular operating system coupled with vyatta's
configuration system, makes them the most powerful router solution
available. The lowest hardware offering they provide is the 514 and it
is being phased out. You might still be able to grab one if you
request it specifically. Load balancing/failover is really easy to
setup if you want to make those connections redundant.