[lug] Distributing photos on-line (for free, but not public)

Jeffrey S. Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Thu May 26 10:06:09 MDT 2011

Vince,

I think both Blogger and a Google Docs Presentation could give you what you
need.  Wouldn't do the Snapfish thing, though.

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Vince Dean <vincedean at frii.com> wrote:

> I am looking for a way to share pictures online for a
> non-profit cause.
>
> For many years, I have been the semi-official graduation
> photographer for the Florence Crittenton School in Denver,
> a school for pregnant and parenting teens.  In the past I
> made paper prints, at my own expense, and had the school
> distribute them to the graduates who are not always easy
> to find after graduation.
>
> I would like to find an on-line solution to supplement or
> replace the paper prints.  The requirements include:
>
>   Limiting access to the graduates and friends, either by
>   giving them a passcode or allowing them to request admission
>   to a moderated group.
>
>   Ability to for users to download images or purchase
>   prints, without adding on any payment for me.
>
>   Not setting up a site where members can share their
>   own content.
>
> Flickr groups come close, but it seems that the group members
> would also have the ability to add their own content, and I
> don't really want to be responsible for a site where a bunch
> of teens can contribute un-moderated content.
>
> I do like the fact that Flickr allows you to order prints through
> Snapfish, so they can be delivered directly to a local
> Walgreens for pickup.
>
> Yes -- this is not Linux-related, but it is a pressing need
> for a worthy cause.
>
> Thanks,
> Vince

Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell], http://seejeffrun.blogspot.com [blog],
http://www.youtube.com/user/goyishekop [vlog]
*και οστις σε αγγαρευσει μιλιον εν υπαγε μετ αυτου δυο*