[lug] PHP not doing bi-directional communication over usb

Gordon Golding gordongoldin at aim.com
Mon Jun 20 17:24:49 MDT 2011

I have PHP on Ubuntu reading data from instrument cluster via USB (which
also powers the cluster).  There seems to be an issue with PHP not being able to do communication in
windows.  <<Would want that working in certain situations.>>

GEORGE>>>
Last time I looked at PHP, many features were not compatible across operating systems.
I forget exactly, but it seems like semaphores/synchronization was one area.
There are probably others. If the feature is tied closely to the OS like threading,
synchronization, low-level IO then it might be an area to look at.

Not sure what you are trying to say?
Is it?:
Look very closely at PHP docs which are written for PHP in Windows specifically, there may be some
hints about how to do this using a "lower-level" facility of communications...

Gordon