[lug] Web site development packages

Bruce Long qstream at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 21:21:30 MDT 2011

I've found that when folks have only the name of a technology to go on
they'll shun acronyms. People who know nothing about computers would rather
learn a language called Java than HTML because HTML sounds hard and boring.
Tell her there's a fun thing (don't use the term 'language') called *H*ot *T
*angy *M*armalade *L*icks  which makes it really easy to create a web site.
"It's so easy. Like, if you want to make bold letters just type
<b>Strawberrys!</b>"  ;)

My $0.02.

Bruce

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 6:51 PM, David L. Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us>wrote:

> Steve Sullivan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > My 15 year old daughter would like to create a social advice
> > web site ... people ask questions and she and her friends post
> > humerous replies.  She's not interested in learning HTML ...
> > ah, what's a father to do! :)
>
> She can make her own with Turbogears.  Once she's done a bit of Python,
> HTML won't phase her.
>
> ;-)
> Dave

Give me immortality or give me death!