[lug] AMD Catalyst Display Driver

Steven Hart shart at colorado.edu
Fri Jun 24 10:03:29 MDT 2011

  Thanks Maxwell,

That's what I expected to do since that's pretty much what I do with all
my systems running NVIDIA.  I've got that streamlined so when the new
kernel loads and the system reboots, the new NVIDIA driver script is run
from /etc/rc.local.  That works like a charm.

With these ATI cards, I get it running for the initial kernel but once I
load the new kernel, the script does not run correctly.  I have to test
it today again with a clear head.

Unfortunately moving away from rhel5 is not an option for me.

I'll keep the list posted in case anyone else runs into this.

cheers

Steve

Steven.Hart at colorado.edu
(303)492-8109