[lug] smartphone question

Chan Kar Heng chankarheng at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 05:06:49 MDT 2011

try having a look at Nokia N900.
it's a bit dated now, but there's good support from the open source
community as i know.
it runs on Maemo (very similar to debian) & has a keyboard.
Nokia also isn't continuing with the line anymore.

messed around with it.
managed to ssh, launch xterm from a remote laptop, do port forwardings,
etc. has a browser that supports flash.

it's successor, Nokia N9, runs on Meego.
no more keyboard, not as techie.

may or may not be your thing...

kh