[lug] smartphone question

Carl Wagner carl.wagner at verbalworld.com
Wed Jul 6 09:41:03 MDT 2011

With Virgin you can get unlimited data and text + 300 Minutes for $25 a
month with no contract.

I picked up a LG Optimus V on Virgin mobile (Android) for $130 at Best
buy a while back,  I think they are about $200 now (still not bad as
there is no contract).
Coverage is not as good as Verizon as it uses Sprint's network (pretty
sure they are a subsidiary of Sprint), but that is less than Verizon
charges for just the unlimited data which is on top of the fee for the
voice plan.

On another note, has anyone seen a GPS application that you can buy to
put on an Android phone that makes it work like a real stand alone GPS?
(works without any 3G or WiFi signal)
I assume that all the maps would need to be stored on a micro-SD card.

Carl