[lug] smartphone

Gordon Golding gordongoldin at aim.com
Wed Jul 6 11:07:46 MDT 2011

>>From: scott.herod at comcast.net
>>>Run down to the Verizon store at the 29th Street mall and play with the phones that they have on display.  Then go look on the web for reviews of the ones that you like.

I did something like that - went to look at stuff - but then got the phone through an advertised 2nd party - they gave me the DROIDX for only $50 plus saved almost another $50 in "service activation".

I did the DROIDX for 2 reasons - it was not quite the newest, so it was cheaper to get, and I loved the big screen and the voice recognition input - I have big hands and can't do the tiny keyboard.

But the minimum plan is about $77 with tax and license AND the contract, of course.

I use Google Voice, so I don't pay the additional for texts.  And I am fine with the minimum plan - I do my "long distance family calls" via Google voice from home for free, so I don't over-use my minutes.

Gordon Golding
Always looking for IT work - need a Jack of All Trades?