[lug] inline posting in popular mail clients

karl horlen horlenkarl at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 10:42:00 MDT 2011

is it my imagination or have most popular free mail clients dropped inline posting? i presently use hotmail and yahoo mail (and prefer not to use gmail) and have noticed that at some point over the last year, they made it almost impossible to inline post.  anybody else seeing this behavior?

i set yahoo mail (classic) to use text for mail as a default but every time i reply, it gives me html.  when i try to type an inline reply in html format, it never indents or does anything to offset the reply.  if i manually switch to text, it doesn't use the old '>>' type syntax and again makes it impossible to inline reply.

very similar behavior in hotmail.

fwiw, i prefer text based '>>' inline replies.

are they just trying to get me to upgrade to some paid mail account that somehow provides the feature again?  pissin me off.

anyway, for those of you that hate top posting on this list, it ain't my fault ;)