[lug] TP-Link WN722N USB wireless adapter not working, Ubuntu 10.04

dio2002 at indra.com dio2002 at indra.com
Thu Jul 7 14:34:29 MDT 2011

>> The vendor's phone support wasn't helpful.
>>
>> "What operating system?"
>>
>> "Ubuntu 10.04."
>>
>> "No. What operating system?  Windows XP, Windows 7, ..."
>>
>> "Linux."
>>
>> "Okay.  We work with Linux.  Are you getting wireless?"
>>
>> "No. Do you have someone there who can help with Linux?"
>>
>> "Wait.  I will ask"  [hold music]  "No. We do not support Linux.  You
>> must
>> call Linux for support."

off topic:

LOL. if it wasn't so sad. this is pretty much how most product support
works these days. they're basically warm bodies that read scripts.  if it
ain't on the script, you ain't getting helped.  but before you can even
get that far, you'll have to wade through a myriad of annoying automated
prompts in an attempt to save the company money which ironically often get
you somewhere other than where you want to go, which probably cost the
company more money.  if you're lucky enough to get where you want to go,
there's a 50% chance the dude or dudette will cut you off the minute you
ask to speak to someone who knows what they're talking about for
irrational fear of getting canned.  but it doesn't matter because nobody
has a name anymore.  so there's no way of getting back to the last person
you talked to.  it's one big anonymous heap of ...  ;)