[lug] Regex Help

George Sexton georges at mhsoftware.com
Fri Jul 8 15:03:54 MDT 2011

Not to be stupid or anything, but if I understood regular expressions well
enough to use this, I wouldn't have asked for help.

I'm using an application that matches regular expressions in URLs.

I'd like it to match

/somepath/*

But not

/somethingelse/somepath/*

I can write an expression to match /somepath/*. The problem is it's matching
the second thing which I don't want.

I don't get to write a lot of code.

I don't know what the host name will be. It might be a fqdn, might be an IP
Address.

The input has the full URL syntax:

Scheme:hostname/path/

George Sexton