[lug] Regex Help

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 15:13:36 MDT 2011

I think you are not getting clear with your requirements.

Let's start with English first, regex later.

You have a string, which is an (already validated) URL.

Do you want to much ANY site (not a specific one), right?

Then you want to have a specific path, that you explicitly say. Does
this path have a generic or specific number of slashes?

Then you have "whatever" for the rest of the URL, *including* other
path, possibly with many other slashes, as well as file names.

Is this correct or not?

Last, but not least, which language you need this in? Perl, Python,
Unix Grep, GNU Grep, you name it, all have regexp. They are *not* 100%
compatible with each other.

Dav