[lug] linux distro on my windows laptop, vmware?

John Vonachen john.vonachen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 17:41:31 MDT 2011

installed Wubi.  Rebooted.  It did not work.  Uninstalled it.  Trying vmware
player.

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 5:25 PM, Simos <blug at chinesetearoom.com> wrote:

> On Monday 25 July 2011 5:02 John Vonachen wrote:
> > I want to run something like suse on my windows laptop.  Should I use vm
> > ware?  Cheap option for such?
>
> John,
>
> Assuming you can live with dual-boot you can try Ubuntu Wubi:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WubiGuide
> http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/windows-installer
>
> You won't need to repartition your disk, but you won't be able to run
> Windows and Linux at the same time.
>
> Regards,
>
> Simos

rDch0FkiKFXdpHLLyDHVsTXVGdBAIHIUbjJG9mlYYCfMWBC0CSilnxRbxASWwc
My final thoughts on Taoism and the philosophy of Wittgenstein:*
Beliefs are made of words but the world is not.*

<http://amikosoftware.com/songs/>
<http://amikosoftware.com/><http://amikosoftware.com/simplegen/rotturb/><http://www.amikosoftware.com/animate/><http://amikosoftware.com/simplegen/rotturb/><http://amikosoftware.com/simplegen/rotturb/><http://amikosoftware.com/simplegen/giggleSquare/>