[lug] old laptop for sale

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 13:29:43 MDT 2011

Hi,
I have this old laptop, probably I should call it netbook, for today's
jargon. It's an HP with AMD Athlon XP2500+, I believe 384MB of RAM (I
can check that better if it's a deal breaker for you). The hard disk
is 250GB and brand new, I replaced it 1 or 2  years ago and used it
very little (I never did anything worth stealable from this machine,
at most you can resurrect some pictures of myself playing with my
kids, so stop reading if you are interested in the machine only for
identity theft :-)
Screen is 14" (I think) and 1024x768 resolution. It has wifi G thanks
to a PCMCIA card that's included in the price (and of course ethernet,
USB, etc). Keyboard is Italian layout and shows a little bit of wear
(but if you are like me, you don't watch the keyboard while typing -
actually I don't watch the screen either while typing, since I need to
see the face of the person I'm talking to - but this screen is still
very nice, even for for today's standards). Battery is old, and
doesn't help you on the go, but it is good enough to switch outlet, or
save your work in case of a power outage. Power brick is included.

It is running Ubuntu 10.04 just fine (I can leave that installed, if
you're interested).
It has been used mainly for showing cartoons (from youtube) to my
kids, but now I need the space on the desk where it is sitting for
another purpose (and my kids got bikes from relatives, so screw up
youtube).

Bottom line, it's a fine machine, the only drawback is just being a
little bit slow for today's standards, especially if you do lots of
multitasking (you know, trashing on limited memory...)

Asking $100 (less than the price I spent for the HD), let me know
offlist if you have any questions.

Davide