[lug] ISP advice

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 16:41:05 MDT 2011

> I'm not interested in TV service, I really just want a fast network
> connection.  I know comcast and such tend to make it more cost effective to
> bundle TV service in there as well but I've heard too many Comcast horror
> stories.

Comcast works pretty well for us, we have the about $50/month option
(don't remember the advertised speed, speedtest reports 10MB/s,
videocall works pretty well, Linux DVD image downloads are reasonably
fast - I don't walk away from the machine - never had any serious
problems). And yes, we do have the TV bundle: super-basicTV + this
internet is cheaper than this internet. We are in Martin Acres, FWIW.

Ciao,
Davide