[lug] JBOD File Browser?

Paul E Condon pecondon at mesanetworks.net
Fri Sep 16 15:01:13 MDT 2011

The -s option in cp allows one to copy a whole file structure to
another disk, except that files in the copy are represented by
symlinks to the original structure. This could be used to create a
merge structure of symlinks wherever you wish. The two (or more)
independent disks are not co-mingled. Creation of the merged structure
of symlinks is very fast. Use the -u option, or not, to control which
source disk is used in case of a name/date collision. Or add your own
collision handling logic.

HTH