[lug] ISP advice

F.L. Whiteley techzone at greeleynet.com
Tue Oct 4 10:32:57 MDT 2011

cheap, fast, and reliable

pick any two

true in 1995, true today

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: lug-bounces at lug.boulder.co.us [mailto:lug-bounces at lug.boulder.co.us]
On Behalf Of Steven A Hart
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2011 16:41
To: lug at lug.boulder.co.us
Subject: Re: [lug] ISP advice

Just an update on this.  After I bought my home, I was contacted by a
company called "All Connect".  They offered a special deal for Comcast which
I accepted.

The deal was:  Comcast triple play + 20mbps internet with Blast internet
(boosting to 25mbps) all for 99$ a month.

What a crock of S$%T that turned out to be.  Got my first bill from comcast
and it's really,

- $99 per month
- plus $10 a month for the blast
- plus $7 a month for a modem that is only handling the phone line (I have
my own cable modem)
  The Comcast tech said it would only be $3 a month since the modem was only
handling the phone.
  The Comcast tech lied flat out.

I called All Connect and they suddenly are describing the deal differently
saying the blast was a upgrade.  WTF???

I know it does not seem like alot of extra money but it's BS like this that
makes me want to cancel the whole entire thing.  Do yourselves a favor, when
you buy a new house and people call you out of the blue offering deals like
this.  Tell them to F$%k off and save yourself alot of hassle.

All I really want is fast internet (on the order of 20mbps download)   Why
is it so hard to find that here?

Can anyone make a suggestion for a reliable service that offers this at a
reasonable price?

Thanks for letting me vent.

Steve