[lug] my "no-data-movement" file-copy attempt

Vishal Verma stellarhopper at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 22:00:34 MDT 2011

On that, I remember having read about 'short stroking' which is essentially
restricting data to the outer sectora because they have more linear velocity
(angular velocity being constant).
There's a discussion here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/251415-32-read-speed-faster-edge-middle-platter

But I don't know if this no longer holds for modern drives :)

--
Vishal