[lug] Line out not recognized in Ubuntu 11.10

Neal Sorensen neal.sorensen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 12:53:37 MDT 2011

I just upgraded to Ubuntu 11.10 from 11.04 and now my laptop's headphone
jacks aren't working! Seems to be little help in the forums so I thought id
drop y'all a line!
I run an HP dv7 3160us. When I go to change the output under sound prefs >
output there is only a selection for analog speakers and no listing for
analog output.  I have tinkered with alsamixer with no luck.
I have been running linux for about a year now, so im pretty new and
apologize for any dummy talk! :) Any help would be appreciated.