[lug] curses!

Doug Pintar ratnip3 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 12:12:56 MST 2011

...foiled again.

Gang,
I'm trying to use ncurses (I know, I know, hopelessly old-school, but I'm trying to model something else) and am having a problem.  I create a window, write a bunch of stuff to it, refresh it, and nothing shows up on my xterm.  This is using Linux Mint 11 with one of its standard "terminal" windows.  If I do a getch() first and wait for a character to be entered before doing the writing to the window, everything displays fine.  Ideas?  I can't find anything in the documentation that suggests why this might happen.
Thanks,
Doug Pintar