[lug] Fwd: [BioBeers] Help Wanted DYK

Jeffrey S. Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 15:15:27 MST 2011

See the second position.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Adam Rubenstein <arubenstein at rnaventures.com>
Date: Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 3:13 PM
Subject: [BioBeers] Help Wanted DYK
To: BioBeers-announce at meetup.com

Friends and Colleagues,

Did You Know ... that the Colorado Bioscience Association maintains an
active job and internship board
HERE<http://www.cobioscience.com/jobs-and-resumes>?
BioBeers encourages all those who are hiring and looking to be hired to
leverage the CBSA job node. For you job seekers do note that you can also
easily post your resume on the CBSA job board. Here at BioBeers HQ we are
beginning to see a bit of a spike in hiring activity and are bullish on
what 2012 may hold in store for the CO life science ecosystem.

Periodically we see jobs that may not be listed on the CBSA job board (or
will be). Here are a few such examples. If you know of a potential
candidate please forward the opportunity along and have the individual
contact the Company or follow-up with us here at BioBeers.

And please help us achieve our 2011 goal of ending the year with BioBeers
membership being 1,000 strong. We are nearly there, with less than 100
members to go! Please invite your friends and colleagues to join by
forwarding the http://www.BioBeers.com link. Thank you!

*Company*: http://www.pisces-molecular.com

*Position*: Lab tech position at Pisces would be a B.S. or M.S. level
person with a background in molecular population genetics – experienced
with generating, scoring and analyzing molecular genetic markers towards
the goals of ID’ing the species of individual plants or animals, or
determining the relatedness or genetic purity of populations. Such a person
would likely have experience in running PCR reactions, DNA sequencing
reactions, running samples on a DNA sequencer and analyzing the results
using any of a variety of population genetic software. We’re open to
considering someone at the post-doc level as well, but would want to
discuss in details the person goals, and aspirations since we’ve imagined
the position here to be more at a B.s. or M.S. level.

*Company*: http://www.biodesix.com

*Position*: The Senior Software Engineer will be a key member of a dynamic
software engineering team creating software systems for the a personalized
medicine healthcare laboratory. This individual will be a key member of a
team chartered with defining and implementing a next generation laboratory.
Responsibilities: *Become the subject matter expert, assess user
requirements, drive design prototypes, and propose new solution options
*Participate in collaborative design, implementation, and testing of
multi-tier software applications, web services, and database systems using
Microsoft .NET, C#, and related technologies *Use object-oriented
techniques and software engineering best practices including design review,
code review, unit-testing, and re-factoring Qualifications: *Highly skilled
in C#, C++, Java, or an equivalent object-oriented language.*Experience
with graphics programming and graphics tools such as Adobe Illustrator is
required. *Hands-on project experience using XML, XSLT, XSD, and XPath is
required. *Experience with PDF generation technologies and creating
interactive PDFs is strongly desired. *Project experience utilizing
Microsoft .NET, ASP.NET, WCF, and Microsoft Visual Studio is strongly
desired. *Experience with HTML, CSS, Javascript, AJAX is strongly desired.
*Experience with Dependency Injection frameworks (e.g. Spring.NET), mocking
frameworks, ORM, and unit testing frameworks (e.g. NUnit) are strongly
desired. *Strong object oriented and database design skills. *Experience
developing enterprise applications for Windows environments. *Experience
using established engineering methodologies through all stages of the
software development lifecycle (SDLC). *Strong analytical, communication,
and documentation skills. *Focused on delivering high quality solutions
*Prior work experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting is
desired. *Experience building interactive report solutions a plus. *BS/MS
in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent with 6+ years proven
project experience required.

--
This message was sent by Adam Rubenstein (arubenstein at rnaventures.com) from
BioBeers <http://www.BioBeers.com/>.

 Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 |
support at meetup.com

--
Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell], http://seejeffrun.blogspot.com [blog],