[lug] SOPA

Jonathan Corbet corbet-bldrlug at lwn.net
Wed Nov 16 07:42:34 MST 2011

Pardon the politics, but I think this is relevant...Congress is holding
hearings on establishing the Great Firewall of America today:

	https://www.mozilla.org/sopa/
	https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/11/hollywood-new-war-on-software-freedom-and-internet-innovation

I have an obvious personal interest in this; a law of this type will make
running a business like LWN into a very unsafe activity.  In general, an
official, hair-trigger censorship system is just not what we need.

It seems that Senator Bennett, at least, is in favor of this whole idea.
If you're concerned about it, maybe this would be a good time to let him
(and the others) know what you think.

	http://bennet.senate.gov/
	http://markudall.senate.gov/
	http://polis.house.gov/