[lug] iPod/mp3 players.

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Wed Nov 30 00:58:18 MST 2011

Virgin Mobile has a $69 dollar android phone with 8GB and a MicroSD card slot
which you could add 16 or 32 GB or storage for mp3 and ogg files. Plus being
wifi capable and access to the market via wifi it is an awesome all-around media
player. I have an old HTC Hero that I keep around just for this as my new
Galaxy S is my primary phone now.

The virgin mobile deal is actually a decent phone, but you don't need the
contract. You can put the phone into "Airplane" mode, then turn the WIFI back
on and use the device as an awesome mini-tab. I believe CyanogenMod is
available for the device as well.

And if you have a SIP account you can even make and receive calls via the SIP
service built into the phone. I use my invalidated HTC Hero for this as well.

Oh, and did I mention it's linux friendly??? ha ha

Nathan