[lug] running amazon ec image in virt-manager question...

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Thu Dec 1 09:52:18 MST 2011

A quick question on running an ubuntu amazon ec image in virt-manager...  I
downloaded the tar file and remembered to do a direct kernel boot using the
kernel image and the kernel args to provide the root device
(root=/dev/vda). But when I start the instance I get 3 minutes of
"DataSourceEc2.py[WARNING]: 'http://169.254.169.254' failed: url error
[[Errno 113] No route to host]" error messages. I have the default
virt-manager networking setup - does that need to be changed so I get
network access?

I know - it may be easier to just use an actual amazon ec instance than to
do some of the work locally. Or just set up a local cloud server. I may
still end up doing that, I just wanted to see if anyone else has looked at
this.

Bear