[lug] BASH Scripting book recommendations?

John Vonachen john.vonachen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 13:11:49 MST 2011

For doing <insert technology here> I recommend Oreilly books.

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 12:51 PM, Rob Nagler <nagler at bivio.biz> wrote:

> Probably not what you want to hear, but....
>
> #!/usr/bin/<your-favorite-interpreter>
>
> Why bother scripting?  Every system I work on has Perl, Python, Tcl,
> etc.  Sometimes I have to modify shell scripts, but usually that's
> system config so I program the mods in Perl and write tests against
> them.
>
> Happy New Year!
>
> :)
>
> Rob

rDch0FkiKFXdpHLLyDHVsTXVGdBAIHIUbjJG9mlYYCfMWBC0CSilnxRbxASWwc
My final thoughts on Taoism and the philosophy of Wittgenstein:*
Beliefs are made of words but the world is not.*

<http://amikosoftware.com/songs/>
<http://amikosoftware.com/><http://amikosoftware.com/simplegen/rotturb/><http://www.amikosoftware.com/animate/><http://amikosoftware.com/simplegen/rotturb/><http://amikosoftware.com/simplegen/rotturb/><http://amikosoftware.com/simplegen/giggleSquare/>