[lug] Newer Gigabyte motherboards

shart at colorado.edu shart at colorado.edu
Wed Dec 28 08:32:26 MST 2011

Hello all,

I'm just looking for some input before I build a new system for a
client.  I'm looking to build a Core i7 system that will run RHEL 5 or 6
without major issues.  I typically stick with gigabyte motherboards as
they tend to play nice with Linux right out of the box.  Right now I'm
looking at boards with the Intel P67 or Intel Z68 north bridge.  Has
anyone had good or bad experiences with these boards with current Linux
distros?

I'm open to any manufacturer as long as they play nice with RHEL.

Thanks

Steve