[lug] BASH Scripting book recommendations?

Rob Nagler nagler at bivio.biz
Wed Dec 28 09:33:11 MST 2011

Jeff writes:
> Hey -- who'd argue with Rob?

ROFL. :)

Jeff, you are an incrementalist of the first order.  I greatly
appreciate that about you.  :)

I'm a incrementalist of the second order, that is, I prefer paradigm
shifts to increase efficiency over incrementalism, which will increase
efficiency eventually but at greater cost.  Larry Wall shifted the
paradigm for sysadmins incrementally from sh/grep/sed/awk scripting to
a programming language.  This history is all but forgotten.  You can
repeat Larry's work (and many have, sadly) through incrementalism, but
the wiser course of action is to look at why he created Perl and to
leverage that experience.

> BLUG is folks helping other folks do what they want to do, not what I want
> them to do.

Who judges the judges?

Merry New Year!

Rob