[lug] webmail recommendations

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Sat Jan 7 12:11:20 MST 2012

Karl:

No worries and thanks for the clarification.  That said, I will refer you to the second part of my response about RoundCube, SquirrelMail, and Usermin as possible options from the clarification which is cut and pasted below.  Each be can done independently or all in the same system to a backend MTA of your choosing (or Postfix as noted in your replies).  It is a matter of what you like or what of course since I think all three are similar in end user experience and administration on the "usage side".  Look and feel (i.e., cosmetics) are of course different.

> >On the "front end" or "end user" side there is SquirrelMail,
> >Roundcube, and Usermin.? All three can be installed as front ends to
> >Virtualmin (GPL and Pro versions) as well for reference if you to
> >"test drive" all at once.? Depends on preferences and taste.? For
> >those wanting that "Windows Mail" (aka "Microsoft Outlook Express")
> >look and feel, Roundcube parallels this to some degree from my
> >perspective.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA
voice:  +1.303.604.2550
web:    http://www.linux-etc.com

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.  Be friendly to the environment by saving paper.