[lug] source code browsing implementations

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Sun Jan 8 15:11:25 MST 2012

On Sun, 2012-01-08 at 14:56 -0700, Rob Nagler wrote:
> Long ago I used cscope.  It was pretty good for traversing.

I still do.  All my code editing/browsing (C and Java) is done with
cscope.  I have shell functions that I use with it to make life easier
for my own code.  The Linux kernel has a make target to generate the db
for use with cscope.

I don't think it works with anything that doesn't have a C/C++ language
structure.  Java does, so it works just fine with cscope.  Don't think
it would work well with things like Python or PHP, but I've never tried
it.

--
Michael J. Hammel <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org>