[lug] source code browsing implementations

karl horlen horlenkarl at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 8 15:51:36 MST 2012

so i'm dking around with vim.. i can open up a file explorer in a pane but when i hover over a file and open it, it either:

a) replaces the file browser and opens up the file in the same pane

OR

b) opens a new pane with the file in it but puts it LEFT of the file browser pane

i think L to R and would like to open a single file browser pane that always sits on the left side of the vim window that when i navigate back to it,  select a file and open it, will always open the file in a new pane or replace the existing pane to the right of it?  anybody know the foo to do it.  i'm not having any luck?

also any people with experience using eclipse in remote based source bases would be greatly appreciated.  don't want to go down that path if it's not going to be a solid, stable, usable solution without headaches.  the appealing thing of eclipse is it supports a lot of different languages and adds all kinds of features not found in a very simple and useable solution with vim, assuming i can get it to do what i want above.

thanks