[lug] source code browsing implementations

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 19:37:11 MST 2012

I've read all the other answers, and I do often (if not always) use
vim for my own coding.
However I believe what you need is a version control system, no more, no less.
Any one (pick the one you are familiar with). All of them have some
hook for apache so that you can do the remote web browsing stuff.
Do you really want to host yourself? If not, you have many options of
free or paid hosting (see for example page 65 of the PDF mentioned
below): many give you a lot of what you need and probably more.

http://sea.ucar.edu/event/version-control

HTH,
Davide