[lug] source code browsing implementations

Glenn Murray glenn.murray at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 12:30:39 MST 2012

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 2:14 PM, karl horlen <horlenkarl at yahoo.com> wrote:
> ...  the code will likely be on a remote server i'll ssh into versus living on
> the system i'm currently on.  so it would be great to use some kind of web
> implementation along with source control and or maybe a tracking system to
> document the code as i go along.

If I understand your need correctly, you are looking for SCM with a
web component.

Subversion or git with Trac would do this, at least.  You could then
check out the code and browse it with Eclipse or whatever.

Trac and Subversion are pretty easy to set up together (I haven't used
Trac with git, but there is a plugin), are in the major distros, and
in widespread use.

Cheers,
Glenn