[lug] best way to check a new hd that might be going bad

Tue Jan 10 12:55:09 MST 2012

Many times for me, repeatedly dd'ing zeroes and pseudo-random bits onto a drive has cured or killed a questionable drive.

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
RHCE MCT MCSE Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 NovellCLA UbuntuCP
tel://720.333.LANS
Freedom is better when you earn it. Learn Linux.