[lug] Feb blug talk

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 10:17:39 MST 2012

> Then again, not sure that would matter if Skype needs access
> before it will even let me choose the device.

Not sure if this piece of information helps you, but here we go anyway.

On Ubuntu 8.04 with good ole GNOME 2 my wife uses skype 2.2.0.35 (and
actually two instances
of it running side-by-side at the same time) and Google videochat in
Firefox. I use Google videochat in chrome. It works like a charm, we
do a videocall with one of the 4 and hear one of the other ring if
somebody calls there. IIRC, once we even answered before closing the
other and had a contemporary dual-call. Not sure why we need 4 things
at the same time, though :-)