[lug] The deal with applets / notifications / panels / indicators / systray.....

Bruce Long qstream at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 15:50:02 MST 2012

Funny! But what I'm working on not a universal standard. In fact, it's an
"anti-standard."  I get to use my own UI, tools, protocols, etc. The models
of other people's/company's information/protocols, etc is used to create a
wrapper at "run-time."

They won't know I'm doing it my way and I won't have to think about their
styles or worry that they'll change something and I'll have to learn a new
UI that I don't like. OTOH, if I decide I want to use (for example) Kinect
gestures to edit word documents or that I want only to use a CLI for
everything no one can stop me.