[lug] Mounting a printer hard drive and accessing fonts

Thomas DiGennaro thomasdigennaro at comcast.net
Tue Feb 28 09:32:51 MST 2012

Dear Mr. Stimits,

I can't help with the hardware issue, but even if you can mount the drive,
your troubles are not over.  The font files are almost always compressed and
frequently encrypted.  It may be difficult to get access.  It may be a fun
detective challenge though.  Let us know how it proceeds.

When you say "non-emulation PS printer", what do you mean?  That it's Adobe
PostScript, or one of those imitators (one of the ones I worked for).

Oz

  _____