[lug] Android Emulator

John Vonachen john.vonachen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 10:38:38 MST 2012

I'm trying to set up a development environment for developing Android apps.
 I have a badass windows 7 laptop: i7, quad (which looks like 8), 16gigs of
ram (overkill?).  I made a virtual box with Mint 12, installed everything I
think I needed through the package manager (that way everything I get is
most likely to be compatable with Mint 12).  I followed the instruction
pain-stakingly on the developer.android.com site.  Tried to get the hello
android project to work on eclipse.  The emulators I tried to run it on,
none of them finish booting.  No android screen, no home screen, just a
black screen of death.  Has anyone worked with this?

--

rDch0FkiKFXdpHLLyDHVsTXVGdBAIHIUbjJG9mlYYCfMWBC0CSilnxRbxASWwc
My final thoughts on Taoism and the philosophy of Wittgenstein:*

<http://amikosoftware.com/songs/>
<http://amikosoftware.com/><http://amikosoftware.com/simplegen/rotturb/><http://www.amikosoftware.com/animate/><http://amikosoftware.com/simplegen/rotturb/><http://amikosoftware.com/simplegen/rotturb/><http://amikosoftware.com/simplegen/giggleSquare/>