[lug] Ubuntu Firefox v10.0.x Sluggishness & Fix (rantish)

stimits at comcast.net stimits at comcast.net
Mon Mar 5 11:55:30 MST 2012

The anomaly was that the spelling checker only recognized British
spellings such as "colour", "analogue", and "recognise". Okay, that's
annoying, but it's something I could live with.

I found the same issue of the dictionary recognizing only the British spellings.
However, under language settings, I have available only "en-us" and "en" on
updated Fedora 16, firefox version 10.0.1. I have "en-us" selected, and nothing
else, but cannot get rid of the non-US spellings. I have had no performance
hits, and use many plugins. I'm not sure, but it seems when I run top (actually,
htop, which allows me to show PIDs in a tree) newer firefox may be using
more threads than previous versions. I'm using a 4-core system, how many
cores are running on yours? Could be without multiple core systems, that there
are more thread-related bottlenecks.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net