[lug] is it possible to recover lvm partitions?

Lee Woodworth blug-mail at duboulder.com
Thu Mar 8 07:34:49 MST 2012

If the lvm meta data is really the issue, you might have backup copies of
it in /etc/lvm/backup (depends on how lvm was configured). The new system
also needs to suport the lvm format the drive uses (i.e. version 1 or 2).
An old drive might be version 1. The userland tools can be built without
support for version 1. The pvck and vgck commands may be of use.