[lug] Sysadmin tools for android

Andrew Gilmore agilmore2 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 15:23:59 MST 2012

I'd go for that! I'm considering the plunge into the Android pool, but
there are so many unknowns! Besides the "how do I get to the LINUX in here"
there's the question of rooting, different roms, etc. Then the question of
which device to use in the first place?

I'd like that opinion from the group on the frontrunners in the Android
market (from Verizon, at least, since I'm tied there to get an unlimited
data plan)

Droid 4 (slider, way heavy, non-removable battery)
Galaxy Nexus (no MicroSD and USB MSC mode, Android 4, 5MP camera, "pure"
Google)
HTC Rhyme (battery life issues, Android 2.3)
Razr Maxx (Awesome battery, $$$)

Each one of these has good points and bad. What do you all think?