[lug] Ubuntu Firefox v10.0.x Sluggishness & Fix (rantish)

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 20:58:18 MST 2012

Reply to an earlier quote from Davide

< I am personally liking Ubuntu less and less, but
< there isn't any alternative distribution with LTS
< so I'm stuck with it (if you are thinking
< "RedHat", you are a system administration
< and you haven't ever tried to install RedHat on
< a modern laptop and used that as your ONLY
machine, desktop replacement with docking
< stations, etc etc etc.

I parted ways with *buntu a couple of years ago, and no I'm not
thinking RedHat. PCLinuxOS is my flavor of choice. It's install once,
update forever, and it works great on laptops. I'm running an
up-to-date LXDE variant (they have Gnome, KDE, XFCE, etc.) on this
System 76 netbook. The latest kernel even fixed my wireless problems
(weak reception).

Enjoy,

--
Collins Richey