[lug] password generating techniques

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Mar 21 08:22:21 MDT 2012

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 10:22:29 -0600
Davide Del Vento <davide.del.vento at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I've recently stumbled into http://code.google.com/p/oplop/ and
> decided it's a good idea to manage the tens of passwords I have.
> However, it has a few issues (e.g. fixed length, no choice of
> character sets, etc.)
> On their own website, they mention other similar projects, without
> specifying why OPLOP should be better then them (see below for the
> list).
...snip...

I personally just use keepassx for this. Sure, it's not a nickname
based setup like above, but it works fine and it's password generation
is very flexible.

<oh, a new account needed on this site?>
<pull up keepassx>
<fill in username/email, make it generate a new 20-30 character
password>
<done>

kevin