[lug] password generating techniques

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 09:49:19 MDT 2012

> I use the textfile approach but use gpg for security:
>
> encrypt:  gpg -c $file
> and decrypt: gpg $file

> One can then use dropbox or a version control system to
> move across platforms and feel pretty safe about it.

The version control system sounds like the most palatable approach to
my problem among all the suggestions you all gave in this thread.
However being in "binary" form, it will require some manual fiddling
to solve conflicts and the likes. And still, an OPLOP-like one sounds
much better to me.

>From all your answers, my take-home message is that you have *very*
different needs (and probably better memory) than I do, and thus that
is why you do not even consider looking at OPLOP or at a similar
service.

Feel free to continue the discussion, I'll read but I'll refrain from
replying unless there will be a very strong reason for.

Thanks,
Davide