[lug] Email screening

Matt James matuse at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 14:33:21 MDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Jason Brass <brass.jason at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'd like to set up an email account where I can screen all emails and
decide
> which ones will be
> delivered and which will be discarded (e.g., to protect minors from
spam).
> I'd also like to be able
> to review outgoing mail from that account and allow/disallow their
delivery.

> I'd like to leave the email in its original appearance.  Adding headers is
> probably fine.  Having
> the mail delivered to me and then forwarded on is not.
>
> Anyone know of tools to do that easily?

Jason,

Although it's not *quite* what you described, how about mailbox delegation
functionality in gmail?  This would allow you full control over the mailbox
and you could see sent messages, spam, etc.  Might be worth a look.  You
could also do Google Message Security with a Google Apps account.  This
would let you setup send/receive policies as well as full e-discovery
capabilities.  Might be a bit overkill - but I guess that would depend on
your minor.  haha.

Inbox Delegation:
http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=138350

Google Message Security: